Saturday, May 5, 2012

Can't afford private school? Home Schooling is an option!


Someone once told me my kids don't go to Catholic School. I beg to differ. I can't check that "box" when I fill out my PSA in the state of California - but I teach Religion everyday - AND my kids must attend the parish Faith Formation classes. The Catholic Faith permeates my homeschool. (I happen to be a Catholic School Teacher myself - so while I run my homeschool differently than a traditional classroom, I think my kids ARE getting a Catholic Education equivalent to going to a private school. In fact if I can step onto my high horse, and I can - it's my blog, they are getting a BETTER education). 

So those of you that can't afford to send your kids to a fancy private school, do not despair! Homeschooling is an option. YES YOU CAN - even if YOU are not a teacher, but that's a post for a different day. 

Douglas received the Sacrament of First Holy Communion today. The S family and his bestie the Grasshopper were here with us as usual! My boy definitely has Jesus in his heart! 

No comments: