Monday, February 13, 2023

My Biggest Homeschool Struggle

 



I was recently asked what my biggest struggle was as a homeschooler.

Before I can answer - you need a little backstory...

My homeschool days officially began in 2006. In so many ways, the world was different back then. Local park days were about the only form of support my small town offered.

Facebook was in its infancy and not at all where homeschoolers went to find support.

Pinterest began in 2010

I was alone, and lonely questioning my every move - wondering if homeschooling was the right choice.

I knew other homeschoolers, but I didn’t have PROOF homeschooling worked. (We all had kids in elementary school.)


So my biggest struggle was BELIEVING in a future I could not see.


Things are exponentially different now. I devoted my entire business to helping homeschool families step into that unseen future confidently, knowing they did indeed give their children an amazing education.

AND I’M NO LONGER ALONE!

I’m surrounded by like-minded veteran homeschoolers who will help you homeschool like the BOSS you are!

When is the last time you offered words of encouragement to another homeschool family?

There is no wrong way to homeschool. Give others the grace, and the space to be themselves.

Offer support and guidance, and always celebrate their wins.

Some things to journal on to shift your mindset even further:

What things to I do to encourage other homeschoolers?

In what ways do I practice the mindset there is no wrong way to homeschool?

Do I believe there is no wrong way to homeschool? What is one thing I can do today to encourage another homeschool family?


No comments: