Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Tips for when your kids say: I CAN'T




Are your kids fussy doing schoolwork? Perhaps they even say “I Can't” Many time the root cause is because they perceive the task to be HARD.


Here are some things you can do to help your kids stop saying "I Can't" and face their fear of doing hard things.

1. Don’t allow the word CAN’T in your home... 
Give alternatives:
  •  I’m struggling to figure this out. 
  • I will try. 
  • I’m acting as if I can do this math problem. 
2. Be sure you are using your child’s interests to guide instruction.

3. Decompress
Evaluate how much “fun” is being incorporated into your homeschool: Are you celebrating Holidays, Playing Games, or spending enough time outdoors? Many times these “fun” activities are even more educational than the item your child is fussing over. Holidays can teach History, Science, Language Arts and even Math skills.  You may find a game that teaches the exact concept - but kids just think they are playing a game. Getting outside, even for a 15-minute “recess” breaks things up. If you want to be more purposeful in some extra time outdoors, bring a sketchbook and complete an impromptu Nature Study. 

Hey friend, I'm Christy, your favorite homeschool mindset mentor. I'm here to help you have the home school of your dreams without stress, feelings of overwhelm, and "comparisonitis". I hope you subscribe to the blog, or find me on social media:

FACEBOOK

INSTAGRAM

TIKTOK


You can also book a FREE 30-minute onboarding call with me to see if homeschool mindset mentoring is a good fit for you! Click the image below to book your call! 






No comments: